Most Bizzare Movies You've Ever Seen

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
DarlBundren
Diet: Vegetarian

Re: Most Bizzare Movies You've Ever Seen

Post by DarlBundren »

That's a Richard Kelly's movie. Maybe you should try one of his other flicks, like Donnie Darko. The Box is heavily influenced by 'The twilight zone'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Twili ... _series%29
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Post by EquALLity »

I watched The Shrine last night. :shock:

I actually thought it was really interesting, despite how crazy it was. I don't want to spoil anything, but basically some reporters travel to a Polish village where they find a mysterious statue and cult group. And the cult members (spoiler alert) are actually the good guys.

The biggest problem IMO is that the statue was kind of goofy. It was like an angry Shrek or something. :P
Other than that, it was pretty good, though.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
The Real Dizzy

Post by The Real Dizzy »

Have you ever heard of a film called Pulgasari?

Pulgasari is a North Korean film that was showed to me by my friend, Zzzzz, who was trying to convince me that the North Koreans were just ordinary people like us. But the film was anything but normal.

The plot is that an evil king imprisons an old blacksmith and starves him, so the blacksmith's children go to the prison and give him some food for him to eat, but instead of eating it, he makes a golem. Later, his daughter finds the golem, and it comes to life and they name it Pulgasari. Pulgasari eats metal, and when he eats it, it makes him bigger and more powerful and they use him as a weapon to overthrow the evil king. The best part of the film is when they are about to cut the head off this guy and then Pulgasari eats the sword so they are unable to cut his head off.

The actual backstory behind the film is even crazier, apparently Kim Jong-Il kidnapped a South Korean director and forced him to make a Godzilla-style film because he was a fan of the Godzilla films. And so Pulgasari was born.

It's one of those films which is so bad that it's good, so if you're into those sorts of films, I would recommend this one.
Mr. Purple

Post by Mr. Purple »

I've seen a ton of strange stuff. Here are 3 that come to mind.

1. Little Otik. Don't look it up. Just watch it.

2. Visioneers : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI8UdlAw8VA

3. Teeth : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuW_L8WJtMk
Mateo3112

Post by Mateo3112 »

Are you familiar with Neon Genesis Evangelion?Image
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure" -George Carlin
Insert name here

Post by Insert name here »

Probably "The skateboard kid." That or "A talking cat?!" Both films are rather bad, and maybe a little weird, seeing as one contains a sentient skateboard.
Insert signature here.
Mateo3112

Post by Mateo3112 »

Insert name here wrote:Probably "The skateboard kid." That or "A talking cat?!" Both films are rather bad, and maybe a little weird, seeing as one contains a sentient skateboard.
I remember them both from the Jontron Show, they did seem pretty bad.
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure" -George Carlin
Lisaplantbasedguru

Post by Lisaplantbasedguru »

The most bizarre and some of the worst movies I have ever seen is probably starving in suburbia. It's about a girls who catches a severe mental illness (eating disorder) in one night after watching thinspo for once (this is not how it happens) but throughout the movie it is more like she is possesed and needs an exorcism and it gets really weird and stuff. Then her brother dies (also eating disorder) and she suddenly recovers.... It was meant to scare people so that they wouldn't even want to get an eating disorder but the truth is it worked counter. It was just unrealistic and way too stereotypical.
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

Oh my god, this movie looks AMAZING. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FbQoI8P7c4&spfreload=5

I found it online for free... Is that legal? ;D
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx