What are the BEST youtube Channels you have ever seen?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: What are the BEST youtube Channels you have ever seen?

Post by EquALLity »

ChipDipSM wrote:
EquALLity wrote:I like a lot of Repzion's videos, but this is a great response to his recent video responding to a vegan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdX51h3 ... 0w&index=1
I did not like that video. I felt any point he was trying to make was completely undermined by his insistence on calling Repzion stupid, attacking his fandom of Pickachu(which has nothing to do with this argument), and that annoyingly condescending baby voice he did. I almost stopped watching it the first time he did that voice, but I figured I'd watch it all.
You can't just dismiss someone's points because they insulted the opposition. Insulting someone doesn't invalidate what you're saying.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
ChipDipSM

Post by ChipDipSM »

EquALLity wrote:You can't just dismiss someone's points because they insulted the opposition. Insulting someone doesn't invalidate what you're saying.
I agree, I wasn't meaning to say that he didn't have points. I just meant that he undermined himself by acting as he did, he could have been more mature about it. He actually made a very good point. When Repzion made the comment about not being able to support the world if everyone switched to vegan, Vegan Gain pointed out the mass consumption of vegetation to support food animals. He made a very good point, but the rude way in which he called him a stupid fuck just annoyed me.

I don't really know how to explain what I mean, I'm not used to discussing stuff like this.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. -The Lorax
zeello

Post by zeello »

Repzion is an incompetent atheist vlogger based on what I've seen of him. I never understood why amazingatheist advertised him. All Repz seemingky does is regurtitate rhetoric and vacuous arguments to match whatever argument he's being presented with without following the flow of conversation, you could almost imagine in his mind he's going "wait, what were talking about again? Screw it, ill just say something dismissive" Sorry but being an atheist doesn't automatically make you qualified to defend it.
ChipDipSM

Post by ChipDipSM »

zeello wrote:Repzion is an incompetent atheist vlogger based on what I've seen of him. I never understood why amazingatheist advertised him. All Repz seemingky does is regurtitate rhetoric and vacuous arguments to match whatever argument he's being presented with without following the flow of conversation, you could almost imagine in his mind he's going "wait, what were talking about again? Screw it, ill just say something dismissive" Sorry but being an atheist doesn't automatically make you qualified to defend it.
I haven't been watching him for long, and haven't watched much, but I haven't really seen a problem with him.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. -The Lorax
Lightningman_42
Master in Training

Post by Lightningman_42 »

knot wrote:wow, I just noticed TheVeganAtheist has also made a video on MrRepzion. I wonder why he's still using the same bad arguments from back then.. maybe he didnt even watch the video TheVeganAtheist made :S
I'm curious to know as well. I'm not surprised to see him do something like this. I've never been particularly impressed with him. He is so dishonest and wilfully ignorant. I don't respect people like that. :x

Under TheVeganAtheist's video criticizing him he left a comment, part of which was:
MrRepzion wrote:It's a trivial matter to me. My stance on the issue has also changed considering that video is almost 2 years old...
In MrRepzion's newest antivegan video, however, he:
-Expresses that veganism is not a trivial matter and he is strongly opposed to it.
-Uses all of the exact same pathetic excuses against veganism that he used two years ago, which TheVeganAtheist very thoroughly debunked and demolished. Did he completely ignore TheVeganAtheist's criticisms!?
-Makes the ridiculous claim that condemning animal abuse is as bad as condemning homosexuality.
-Displays a total lack of understanding why vegans get so upset about animal abuse and do not consider animal consumption to be a "personal choice."

To me this guy is the epitome of a whiny, irrational, and wilfully ignorant carnist. Vegan Gains's scathing condemnation of MrRepzion was strongly deserved. If these two guys ever met each other in person, I imagine that MrRepzion would shit his diapers! :lol:
"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing."
-Albert Einstein
zeello

Post by zeello »

Rep's video was not as bad as I expected, especially considering how over-the-top was the video he was responding to. Nevertheless, I left a lengthy comment on his vid. I tried not to be confrontational to him, as much as I could. There's one thing I can't get over however and it's that he acts like vegan food is the most expensive thing in the world.
ChipDipSM

Post by ChipDipSM »

zeello wrote:There's one thing I can't get over however and it's that he acts like vegan food is the most expensive thing in the world.
I agree with that, I've only been a vegan for about two weeks and I've already gotten sick of hearing people say that.
knot
Master in Training

Post by knot »

MrRepzion filed a copyright complaint and got the video taken down. I think it was too much of a beating for him, and instead of making a reply he prefers covering up the truth. Its really hypocritical considering his own video also used footage from another youtuber's video. Anyway, it has been reuploaded here and the creator urges people to spread it like wildfire by downloading, uploading, etc
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

knot wrote:MrRepzion filed a copyright complaint and got the video taken down. I think it was too much of a beating for him, and instead of making a reply he prefers covering up the truth. Its really hypocritical considering his own video also used footage from another youtuber's video. Anyway, it has been reuploaded here and the creator urges people to spread it like wildfire by downloading, uploading, etc
Hm. I hope there is more to the story than that.

Maybe Repzion will address it soon.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Ajay

Post by Ajay »

One of my favorite channels for atheism and skepticism in general is TheMessiancManic https://www.youtube.com/user/TheMessianicManic/videos

He does a lot of videos reviewing debates between atheists and theists and addressing some of the more philosophical arguments from religious apologists like William Lane Craig and Alvin Plantinga.