" What is god to me "

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Fluttershy

" What is god to me "

Post by Fluttershy »

" I don't think god is someone in the sky or someone who lives in paradise or something like that. For me god is the power of creation and is everything that's how I see it. Paradise or hell are not really something you go in the afterlife and we don't even know if there is an afterlife to begin with. If you do bad things bad things will happen to you (hell) and if you do good things good things will happen to you (paradise). For me god is like what it make things happen like they happen for example the way you start a fire will always be the same it can't be random because it's like that. I think god is the father and we are the son (not only Jesus) Because god is the creator or let's say the power of creation so the father and the son are god, the father is god, the son is god and everything is god. As for the holy spirit I don't really know how to explain it but I would say it's like our consciousness " Sorry I am bad at explaining but I hope you all understand me.

" I just give you my point of view on this " So what do you think?
Last edited by Fluttershy on Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: What is god to me

Post by brimstoneSalad »

This is called pantheist.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantheism

Does that sound like what you believe?
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Fluttershy wrote:Paradise or hell are not really something you go in the afterlife and we don't even know if there is an afterlife to begin with. If you do bad things bad things will happen to you (hell) and if you do good things good things will happen to you (paradise).
That seems to be completely false. Countless people have gotten filthy rich off the backs of others. Bad deeds often result in good things happening to you. Where do the bad things happen, if not after death?
I don't think god is someone in the sky or someone who lives in paradise or something like that. For me god is the power of creation and is everything that's how I see it. [...] For me god is like what it make things happen like they happen for example the way you start a fire will always be the same it can't be random because it's like that.

What makes you think there is anything that makes fire be lit the same way every time?
I think god is the father and we are the son (not only Jesus) Because god is the creator or let's say the power of creation so the father and the son are god, the father is god, the son is god and everything is god. As for the holy spirit I don't really know how to explain it but I would say it's like our consciousness. Sorry I am bad at explaining but I hope you all understand me.
The question of whether or not a god would be our father is a rather pointless one if we can't establish a god exists.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Fluttershy

Post by Fluttershy »

@brimstoneSalad Yes it sounds similar
Fluttershy

Post by Fluttershy »

@miniboes By my example I ment that if you light a match it will always catch on fire and about bad things if the person is aware of it do you think he will feel good about it? How about when he die will he die unhappy or happy?
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Fluttershy wrote:@miniboes By my example I ment that if you light a match it will always catch on fire
Sure, but what makes you think there is some kind of entity or force regulating that?
Fluttershy wrote:and about bad things if the person is aware of it do you think he will feel good about it? How about when he die will he die unhappy or happy?
Is hell just a feeling of regret, then? Is my regret of eating meat for 15 years hell in your view?
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Fluttershy

Post by Fluttershy »

@miniboes I don't think an entity is doing that. I don't really know how to explain it I'm bad at it like I said earlier. Hell is not only a feeling of regret Hell and heaven is similar to karma.
Mateo3112
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Mateo3112 »

Your would view is kinda naive (no offense), i used to think that if you did bad stuff bad stuff happened and if you did good stuff bad stuff happened, nowadays i'm less pessimistic and believe that whether good or bad stuff happens to you is kinda random.
Anyway, i only have one question though, your profile says you're a christian, but you don't seem like one, christianity is the religious belief that Jesus was the saviour of humanity, do you think that way?
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure" -George Carlin
bobo0100

Post by bobo0100 »

If there is a force in the universe similar to karma, why do we need a law and punishment system? If "god" takes care of justice, why do we need to?
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.
Fluttershy

Post by Fluttershy »

Mateo3112 wrote:Your would view is kinda naive (no offense), i used to think that if you did bad stuff bad stuff happened and if you did good stuff bad stuff happened, nowadays i'm less pessimistic and believe that whether good or bad stuff happens to you is kinda random.
Anyway, i only have one question though, your profile says you're a christian, but you don't seem like one, christianity is the religious belief that Jesus was the saviour of humanity, do you think that way?
By this I mean your future will depend on your action. Yes my profile say I'm a christian and I have my own view on this religion I'm not the one who will read the bible and believe in every words and do everything in it. When I read it I have my own understanding of it I don't take everything literally and my view on christianity is close to pantheism and if you don't know what is it you can see.
bobo0100 wrote:If there is a force in the universe similar to karma, why do we need a law and punishment system? If "god" takes care of justice, why do we need to?
Your future depend on your actions. We need laws because if we would not have laws everyone would do what they want and "god" doesn't really take care of justice or yes we could say he take care of justice because god is everything and everything is god so we are god too.