I would like to discuss your!

General philosophy message board for Discussion and debate on other philosophical issues not directly related to veganism. Metaphysics, religion, theist vs. atheist debates, politics, general science discussion, etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: The Matrix

I would like to discuss your!

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Hello! I am new to this forum, but I'd love to have a little discussion!

Any of Buddhism that can give me the evidence for their God and religion, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, atheist, if you have a Hindu other people of any religion, please tell me !

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: The Matrix

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:19 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:Hello! I am new to this forum, but I'd love to have a little discussion!

Any of Buddhism that can give me the evidence for their God and religion, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, atheist, if you have a Hindu other people of any religion, please tell me !
Yo. I, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, atheist, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, agnosticism, describes Taoism, but about religion! To discuss their beliefs with me, it's why you is that you have selected, please believe such Ting. Best regards.

User avatar
Unknownfromheaven
Senior Member
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 am
Religion: Taoist
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Unknownfromheaven » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:01 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:Hello! I am new to this forum, but I'd love to have a little discussion!

Any of Buddhism that can give me the evidence for their God and religion, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, atheist, if you have a Hindu other people of any religion, please tell me !
Yo. I, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, atheist, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, agnosticism, describes Taoism, but about religion! To discuss their beliefs with me, it's why you is that you have selected, please believe such Ting. Best regards.
Christian, jewish and islam (abrahamic roots) are the most toxic religions the world has seen, The horrible deaths, tortures, fights adn conflict are on these to blame....

Atheism is not a religion.

Buddhism, taoism are paths based and have positive ideas.

I find no problems with hindu, sikh, agnosticism, since they do not enforce their views on anyone, and are able to discuss. Debates are usefull because we are able to learn from them.
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force..We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” ~ Max Planck - Quantum Theory and Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.

User avatar
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Posts: 1209
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:57 am
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Ostrovegan
Location: The Matrix

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:20 am

Unknownfromheaven wrote:Christian, jewish and islam (abrahamic roots) are the most toxic religions the world has seen, The horrible deaths, tortures, fights adn conflict are on these to blame....
Amen!
Unknownfromheaven wrote:Atheism is not a religion.
I I never said it was, it is you know not.
Unknownfromheaven wrote:Buddhism, taoism are paths based and have positive ideas.
I've been brought up in a Buddhist family and I will be able to agree that it is a mainly peaceful here, but I have some things you do not agree. I do not know enough about Taoism. You are Taoism, can you educate me?
Unknownfromheaven wrote:I find no problems with hindu, sikh, agnosticism, since they do not enforce their views on anyone, and are able to discuss. Debates are usefull because we are able to learn from them.
I do not know enough about Hinduism and Sikh. You can tell a few things to me.

User avatar
Unknownfromheaven
Senior Member
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 am
Religion: Taoist
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Unknownfromheaven » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:28 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:I I never said it was, it is you know not.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:Any of Buddhism that can give me the evidence for their God and religion, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, atheist, if you have a Hindu other people of any religion, please tell me ! Yo. I, Christian, Muslim, Jewish, atheist, Hindu, Buddhist, Sikh, agnosticism,
It seems you did.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote: I've been brought up in a Buddhist family and I will be able to agree that it is a mainly peaceful here, but I have some things you do not agree. I do not know enough about Taoism. You are Taoism, can you educate me?
Taoism is a way of knowledge, a path which leads to inner peace, knowing and understanding your world, others, yourself and to maintain the equilibrium you need in order to be happy, healthy and relaxed. Understanding yourself makes it more easier to understand others. The benefits from this is that you are able to accept humans as a whole with the good and the bad, thus making you another person - one who does not judge people anymore but accept it for what it is. One who respect nature and all life forms,otherwise whoever harms the planet is destroying himself...a taoist is humble and yet powerfull and its able to take action if the lives of others are important or in some sorts of danger. It does not matter if its about a human being or animals. A true taoist will never ignore it.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:I do not know enough about Hinduism and Sikh. You can tell a few things to me.
For as far as i know both do not enforce dogma on others, and thats enough for me, talked with different people and i noticed the difference. Besides dogmatic theists..they are more open minded and an usefull debate can be constructive.
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force..We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” ~ Max Planck - Quantum Theory and Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.

User avatar
garrethdsouza
Senior Member
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon May 11, 2015 4:47 pm
Religion: None (Atheist)
Diet: Vegan
Location: India

Post by garrethdsouza » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:14 am

Unknownfromheaven wrote:
I find no problems with hindu, sikh, agnosticism, since they do not enforce their views on anyone, and are able to discuss. Debates are usefull because we are able to learn from them.
I find a lot of westerners have such opinions. IMO its probably because of how tiny a percentage that individuals of these faiths make up in the West. While there's no doubt that they aren't as violent as certain other contemporary abrahamic religions in practice today, eg not as much terrorism etc especially in the West as a result of these (but then again their native countries aren't being bombed to bits either), such views are possibly as a result of not actually seeing as many problems in the West due to their tiny % in the population.

But the true colors of any religion are seen particularly in places where they are in the majority and while I wouldn't doubt they are not as problematic as certain abrahamic religions, they too have several issues. For instance casteism in Hinduism is a prominent issue afaik and its associated violence and bigotry, honor killings etc which though rare do take place, also it's patriarchal nature. Then there is the stranglehold on individuals marital choices along caste lines which is very prevalent - around 95% of marriages in Hindus in India are within the same caste with strong objections raised by family members on anything outside of this, then there is female foeticide which also exists in hindus the West, a result of which is that fetal sex determination in India is banned, though it does take place still.

http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/u ... de/956295/
Then there's the food fascism based on vegetarianism, which has casteist undertones. Again, not denying that these religions have certain good teachings, etc but that there are big problems.

There are issues in the Sikh community and others as well. While India's Buddhist population isn't as much so I can't give any opinions but I'd contend it could also have issues.

It's always risible when some Westerner who comes from a religion that has gotten rid of many of its problems shows up and wants to learn more about it, often in some mystical new agey sort of manner, perhaps due to some orientalism/ ezotic mysticism or something. But ya all religions as they are prpacticed have issues, some much more than others and so does mainstream atheism though it wouldn't count as a religion.
“We are the cosmos made conscious and life is the means by which the universe understands itself.”

― Brian Cox

User avatar
Unknownfromheaven
Senior Member
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 am
Religion: Taoist
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Unknownfromheaven » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:28 am

You are right, i forgot about the marital issues, but i ve met many which are not traditionalists and leave their children free, of course you are right to say the fact that i do not live among them to be able to see if there is indeed a problem or not.

The single case i heard about buddhism is that there are some who kill muslims, but for me having buddhist mentors here i know those are not real buddhists in the sense that these paths are the least violent.. the martial aspect implies much more philosophy and health issues, and of course self defence if is really the case.
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force..We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” ~ Max Planck - Quantum Theory and Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.

User avatar
Unknownfromheaven
Senior Member
Posts: 295
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:44 am
Religion: Taoist
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Unknownfromheaven » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:30 am

This clip shows the issue we talked above...when it implies tradition - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBfF0TPrcVI
All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force..We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent Mind. This Mind is the matrix of all matter.” ~ Max Planck - Quantum Theory and Nobel Prize in Physics in 1918.

User avatar
Nilesh
Newbie
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 1:35 am
Religion: Hindu
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Nilesh » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:39 pm

garrethdsouza wrote:
I find a lot of westerners have such opinions. IMO its probably because of how tiny a percentage that individuals of these faiths make up in the West. While there's no doubt that they aren't as violent as certain other contemporary abrahamic religions in practice today, eg not as much terrorism etc especially in the West as a result of these (but then again their native countries aren't being bombed to bits either), such views are possibly as a result of not actually seeing as many problems in the West due to their tiny % in the population.

But the true colors of any religion are seen particularly in places where they are in the majority and while I wouldn't doubt they are not as problematic as certain abrahamic religions, they too have several issues. For instance casteism in Hinduism is a prominent issue afaik and its associated violence and bigotry, honor killings etc which though rare do take place, also it's patriarchal nature. Then there is the stranglehold on individuals marital choices along caste lines which is very prevalent - around 95% of marriages in Hindus in India are within the same caste with strong objections raised by family members on anything outside of this, then there is female foeticide which also exists in hindus the West, a result of which is that fetal sex determination in India is banned, though it does take place still.

http://archive.indianexpress.com/news/u ... de/956295/
Then there's the food fascism based on vegetarianism, which has casteist undertones. Again, not denying that these religions have certain good teachings, etc but that there are big problems.

There are issues in the Sikh community and others as well. While India's Buddhist population isn't as much so I can't give any opinions but I'd contend it could also have issues.

someone is angry :roll:

some of your points are right, but i guess you are confusing religion with people(hint, they are different)

"female foeticide" is a hindu problem ? where did you got that ?
your article also says it's mainly being done by Indian and Chinese and Koreans, so you mean to say China and Korea are Hindu ?
or you meant that in India only Hindu and Sikhs do it?
or are you taking lessons in JNU?

casteism, agree, big problem, must be eradicated as soon as possible.


but if you are honest you'll have to agree the casteism that is followed today is not how it was when established, and i can give you tons of example from scriptures regarding this.
if you want start a thread on this, caste is a real thing(the original caste system) and you may not like it, but your/mine liking/disliking doesnt make anything unreal.


but i must say here that just coz 95% of marriage are within caste, doesn't not mean all of them, or majority of them are forced, arrange marriage is natural in India(and i seriously doubt today 95% of marriage are within caste, i think the percentage is lower, but it's just my thought)

food fascism, one more nonsense of pseudo-liberals

you say
garrethdsouza wrote:
But ya all religions as they are practiced have issues, some much more than others and so does mainstream atheism though it wouldn't count as a religion.
completely agree, but it basically means that society corrupts everything.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests