When Are We Going To Get A New Video??

boyjenius
Diet: Vegan

When Are We Going To Get A New Video??

Post by boyjenius »

its been FOREVER since a new video has been posted on youtube :/
Jaywalker

Re: When Are We Going To Get A New Video??

Post by Jaywalker »

Maybe a new video about the Orlando shooting and Islam?
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

I cannot answer your question, but please note that TVA has a full-time job and (as far as I know) does not make a profit out of his videos. Given the quality of his content that means he would understandably have great difficulty make videos quickly or at a regular interval.
Jaywalker wrote:Maybe a new video about the Orlando shooting and Islam?
I'd prefer not. There are few things I find less interesting than covering every other act of terrorism and whether or not it was motivated by Islam.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Jaywalker

Post by Jaywalker »

Don't you think it's useful to criticise Islam? It's the deadliest mass shooting in US history, the video would probably get a lot of views if done soon.
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Jaywalker wrote:Don't you think it's useful to criticise Islam?
It's mostly about opportunity cost. Islam is a huge topic which everybody is already talking about. There are many highly eloquent voices out there fighting that battle, as well as far too many less eloquent (or intelligent) people like Geert Wilders, Trump and such. It doesn't really need more attention. If anything the better contribution would probably not be more criticism of Islam, which there is plenty of, but expressing nuance in reaction to the extreme notions of the far right.

However, due to the ridiculous amount of attention terrorism and Islam get, one more video is not going to achieve much. There are far greater problems that get far less attention. More attention for these problems will have more of an impact. Animal agriculture, another topic highly relevant to TVA's channel, is a much less popular topic of discussion while it is arguably more harmful than Islam.

I also simply find the topic to be incredibly boring. But that may just be me.
It's the deadliest mass shooting in US history, the video would probably get a lot of views if done soon.
If TVA's primary goal was to make a profit, I'd agree. However, I do not think this is the case. Therefore, in my opinion, we should be looking at what produces the best original content and has the largest impact.

All this, of course, is finally up to TVA. He knows his audience better than we do, and is very good at what he does.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

I have been focusing on my career, training and family and have been just to busy to create videos. I definitely want to, and I have a script already written (but im not a video I want to release after a long absence). I keep coming up with video ideas, but just have been stretched too thin to put my time into doing them. I cannot say when a new video will come out, but I will continue (at some point).
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:I have been focusing on my career, training and family and have been just to busy to create videos. I definitely want to, and I have a script already written (but im not a video I want to release after a long absence). I keep coming up with video ideas, but just have been stretched too thin to put my time into doing them. I cannot say when a new video will come out, but I will continue (at some point).
Good luck on video, Vegan Atheist! I am sure it will be superb!
boyjenius

Post by boyjenius »

TheVeganAtheist wrote:I have been focusing on my career, training and family and have been just to busy to create videos. I definitely want to, and I have a script already written (but im not a video I want to release after a long absence). I keep coming up with video ideas, but just have been stretched too thin to put my time into doing them. I cannot say when a new video will come out, but I will continue (at some point).
well thanks for the reply

hope one comes out soon!!