Guten tag.

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Marxistpocketwatch

Guten tag.

Post by Marxistpocketwatch »

Hallo!

I am Kienan (or Marxistpocketwatch). I have just joined and I hope to have a nice time on the forums.
You may have not heard of me from my up and coming podcast the A perspective.

Anyway that is all, Tchusse!
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom. ~ Isaac Asimov
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad
Diet: Vegan

Re: Guten tag.

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Hi Kienan, welcome to the forum.

Glad you've joined us here.

I haven't heard of your podcast. Do you have a link?
I'll give it a listen.
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

Welcome!
When/how did you become atheist?
brimstoneSalad wrote:I haven't heard of your podcast. Do you have a link?
I second that.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
Marxistpocketwatch

Thanks for replying guys! I am sure I will like it here.

Now about my podcast as I said it is up and coming therefor not out yet, however I do hope for it to be out next thursday or the week after. I will link it to you then.

Now about me becoming an atheist, well I was raised in a irreligious and non judging household. Not to say that my mother (who is the only I live with as her and my father where never married and he lives in BC) is an atheist, she is more a deist. Therefore I never went to church exempt with my grandmother when we were visiting, and subsequently I became an atheist when I gained my critical thinking skills at age 8-9ish. So before that I just thought what I was told god created everything. Funny enough I knew so little of christianity that I don't think I believed in Jesus, so I would say I have kinda always been an atheist.
The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom. ~ Isaac Asimov
TheVeganAtheist
Site Admin

Post by TheVeganAtheist »

Welcome Marxistpocketwatch. Its nice to see fellow Canadian's on the forum. What will your podcast be centred around? Atheism?
Do you find the forum to be quiet and inactive?
- Do your part by engaging in new and old topics
- Don't wait for others to start NEW topics, post one yourself
- Invite family, friends or critics
Marxistpocketwatch

My podcast will be basically me and my friend talking about religion, atheism, politics, philosophy and current news. I plan to have some form of offshoot video every now and then where I talk about science and try to educate some people who may be watching. Our motto is "Intelligently made for intelligent people" I would say that alone is sort of self explanatory. But anyway that is basically it.