Former obese girl here :)

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
vegan_andreaa
Diet: Vegan

Former obese girl here :)

Post by vegan_andreaa »

Hello everyone,

I just want to introduce myself and share my personal journey with the vegan fam, and probably provide motivation for people struggling with the same difficulties that I have been struggling with.

So, I am 30 yrs old and I've been trying to go vegan since I was 18. Every time I would relapse after a few months, sometimes even weeks. I've weighed almost 250 pounds when I was 27 because I was eating nothing but junk food, burgers etc. The problem was not a lack of commitment but my working hours that didn't allow me to sustain healthy eating habits. I was working 40 hours a week and everyday I would just go to the fast food restaurant across the street and eat meat-infested burgers, fries, sodas etc. I've had this lifestyle for about 10 years and caused me various health problems on top of that overweight issue. I hated myself. I knew I had to make a change but as I said above, my attempts to start eating healthy were short-lived since I didn't have the proper knowledge and my job required more and more hours.

Finally, I've met a vegan friend 2 years ago that went through the exact situation I was going through at the time, and had a similar job than me. She gave me tips and tricks to turn my eating habits around and I'm proud to say today that I'm a happy vegan that woman that's full of energy all the time and enjoys life to the fullest. I weigh 145 pounds and I've never felt better in my life. It's crazy how small changes in someone's life can do this much benefits in their health and the way they feel inside. I've been helping my friends and family with similar problems and that makes me even happier.

If you are in a similar situation, please DM me and I will be happy to assist you and motivate you :)

Cheers,

Andrea
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Former obese girl here :)

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Andrea, thanks for the inspiring story!
What did you find were the best tips that helped you?
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Re: Former obese girl here :)

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Andreaa, Congratulations on your weight loss.

What was the reason you first became vegan? If it was to lose weight, I'm not surprised you relapsed. Those who become vegan for ethical reasons rarely relapse. Did you ever watch any horror movies like Earthlings?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.