Neptual Is No Longer Mod?

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Neptual Is No Longer Mod?

Post by Red »

So I was looking at my friends list, and I saw that the Forum Moderator, Neptual, is no longer mod! I mean, he wasn't online for nearly a month, so maybe that's why, I dunno. Now I'm just asking if he is not the forum mod anymore. I have 0% interest in becoming the next forum mod, if that's what you think I'm getting at (it would be a bad decision). brimstone is pretty much the forum ambassador at this point. I was just curious. I probably wasn't even supposed to figure this out.. anyways, does Neptual know he no longer has his position? Are the reasons that Neptual not being mod classified, and that'll get too personal? Will he ever come back? I mean this isn't any of my business, but hey, I wanna know what I can know.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Re: Neptual Is No Longer Mod?

Post by miniboes »

RedAppleGP wrote:I have 0% interest in becoming the next forum mod, if that's what you think I'm getting at (it would be a bad decision).
Ha! Nice try, we see right through your pretend humbleness :P
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

f*ck you figured me out.. nah but seriously, i can't be trusted with a forum like this. It's like being a cop: You start off cool at first, then your power gets to your head then you start banning everything that moves (not all cops dingus). Or if you're Eric Cartman then you take advantage of your authouritah and demand respect. I think brimstone made a post about this a while back.

Anyways, I did a bit more digging, and I saw that Neptual's last post was on May 13th. Ok I can see why he's no longer mod now. I will remember the times we had together..
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

I don't think he's around anymore. :(

If you would have clicked on the "Global Moderators" list, he would show up there. He is no longer on the list itself (Imagine if you were a user and had a problem, and PMed him; I'm not sure if he's around to answer). If he's really busy, I also don't want him to feel burdened by that responsibility.

He has a basic set of Moderator powers now (I made a new group, but I don't think you can see it).
So does another forum member.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

brimstoneSalad wrote:I don't think he's around anymore. :(
*sniffles* rip
brimstoneSalad wrote: If you would have clicked on the "Global Moderators" list, he would show up there. He is no longer on the list itself (Imagine if you were a user and had a problem, and PMed him; I'm not sure if he's around to answer). If he's really busy, I also don't want him to feel burdened by that responsibility.
Yeah that's how I knew. I didn't see that green text on his name, which was a red flag for me. And my best bet as well is that he's busy, and simply doesn't have time for the forum, as off putting as that may sound. Or, if you really want to be pessimistic, he completely left the forum because he got bored of it, and/or hated the members, and having the responsibility.
brimstoneSalad wrote: He has a basic set of Moderator powers now (I made a new group, but I don't think you can see it).
So does another forum member.
I think I know which one you're talking about. Unless that person is you, I remember someone that went by the name of "TheModerinator" or something along those lines. His name wasn't green, yet he had some mod powers. Now I guess he's not on the forum, considering I haven't seen him for nearly a year. Anyways, I guess the ones that are below mods could be considered "Look Out" or "Sentinal" or something. I guess if you really wanted to make that group, make their names Blue.

Ah I miss Dan...
-Leonardo da Vinci
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Sorry to revive this topic, but I noticed that Neptual is still ranked as a Mod, but his name isn't green and doesn't show up in the "Global Moderators" section.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

RedAppleGP wrote:Sorry to revive this topic, but I noticed that Neptual is still ranked as a Mod, but his name isn't green and doesn't show up in the "Global Moderators" section.
Correct.
This is important, so people don't PM him with problems.

If he comes back, he will still have some basic ability, but without the responsibility. :D
Hope that will lighten his burden.