People Who Abruptly Leave The Forum

Technical problems, questions, comments, and suggestions for the forum and wiki.

Shadow Fox

Re: People Who Abruptly Leave The Forum

Post by Shadow Fox »

I did think of one other thing.

Is there other vegan / vegetarian or animal rights groups online that maybe this site can align itself with? Maybe reaching out to other communities and collaborating with them with stuff is a good way to expand?
We are all born Atheists, everyone of us. We are born without the Shackles of theism arresting our minds. It is not until we are poisoned by the fears and delusions of others that we become trapped in the psychopathic dream world of theism.
VladIsOnTheRise

Post by VladIsOnTheRise »

Well, I personally just forgot aboot the forums. Maybe thats the issue with some of those people?
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

Shadow Fox wrote:I did think of one other thing.

Is there other vegan / vegetarian or animal rights groups online that maybe this site can align itself with? Maybe reaching out to other communities and collaborating with them with stuff is a good way to expand?
I am not sure if there are any. There might be members of certain forums, but I think The Vegan Atheist Forum fills a unique niche on the internet. I don't think we are lacking in vegans and vegetarians though. If anything we don't have enough theists and meat-eaters. I recall a few introductory posts by meat-eater atheists who were really excited to debate theists to be told that there are none. On a brighter note, despite having similar opinions, echo chambers seem to be rare here since everyone is set on correcting others and debating and discussing other issues!
Mateo3112
Diet: Vegetarian

Post by Mateo3112 »

Cirion Spellbinder wrote:If anything we don't have enough theists and meat-eaters. I recall a few introductory posts by meat-eater atheists who were really excited to debate theists to be told that there are none.
I too entered the forum to debate with theists, didn't find many though, now whenever i want to disscus with theists i go to Youtube xD
"Tell people that there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure" -George Carlin
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Yeah if you really want to debate theism, just go to YouTube. it's chock full of new atheists and theists alike who are all willing to piss people off.( ͡^ ͜ʖ ͡^)
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
Morde Vascoth
Diet: Meat-Eater

Post by Morde Vascoth »

I was discussing this very topic with a friend the other day. Why does it seem that folks don't peruse forums like they used to. I'm not sure, other than perhaps this mode of communication is becoming obsolete in comparison to other means of communication at a more snap-shot and rapid pace. I don't know...
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Maybe it alienates theists, and get turned away by the name. Maybe more meat eaters come because they are only interested in the atheist part, believe you me.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci