First time since April.

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
ChipDipSM
Diet: Vegan

First time since April.

Post by ChipDipSM »

The other day I ate meat and cheese for the first time since becoming Vegan. It wasn't out of a desire to have either, it was do to a pizza party. At work we celebrated someone's twentieth year there and had pizza. I've always had trouble turning down kindness and as I had just started working there I didn't want to come off as a asshole. I wish I hadn't, I should have politely declined and just explained why. I can safely say that I won't do that again, if only because both the meat and cheese tasted horrible to me. I felt bad for eating them, like I had failed, and they were both displeasing to my taste. It was kind of odd too, because it was something I would have readily eaten before I gave it up. But I guess sometimes you have to take a step back in order to step forward.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. -The Lorax
EquALLity
I am God

Re: First time since April.

Post by EquALLity »

Well, obviously there's nothing you can do to change what happened, so I don't think you should dwell on it.

And on the bright side, it motivated you to be more determined. :D
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: First time since April.

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Those situations can be tough, I'm sorry that happened. Pretty much all of us end up with an experience like that along the line; it's one of those things that tests your character, and what you do after that says a lot.

I'm glad that strengthened your resolve!