1 month

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
Fluttershy

1 month

Post by Fluttershy »

It's been now 1 month since I'm vegan and unlike my last try (when I gave up after 3 weeks) I didn't get any craving for meat at all. So it's going very well in 2 other month if it's still the same I'm sure to stay and never give up again.
EquALLity
I am God
Diet: Vegan

Re: 1 month

Post by EquALLity »

Great! :D

Of course, if you get cravings, you can always have fake meat.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
bobo0100

Post by bobo0100 »

Congrats!!! I'm glad to hear it! Good luck with the rest of your life!
vegan: to exclude—as far as is practicable—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for any purpose; and by extension, promotes the development and use of animal-free alternatives for the benefit of humans, animals and the environment.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Congratulations Fluttershy, I'm glad to hear it!

What are you eating these days? Maybe you could tell us a bit about your favorite foods, we'd love to hear about what's working well for you.
Fluttershy

Post by Fluttershy »

brimstoneSalad wrote:Congratulations Fluttershy, I'm glad to hear it!

What are you eating these days? Maybe you could tell us a bit about your favorite foods, we'd love to hear about what's working well for you.
These days I mostly eat curry, stir fry, lentil salad, lentil spring rolls and for breakfast I eat oatmeal, 1 banana smoothie with chia seeds and one banana. I also eat Borsch which is my favorite soup and of course all vegan. Except that I eat different fruits and vegetables.

Here are the recipes: Curry:http://vegan-feelings.com/veganes-paprika-curry/

Stir fry: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/24379/garbanzo-stir-fry/

Lentil spring rolls: http://www.veganfamilyrecipes.com/2015/ ... rolls.html

Lentil salad: http://homecookedvegan.blogspot.ca/2015 ... s-and.html

Borsch soup: http://natashaskitchen.com/2010/09/26/c ... ht-recipe/ (I use low sodium vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and no mayo)
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Fluttershy wrote: These days I mostly eat curry, stir fry, lentil salad, lentil spring rolls and for breakfast I eat oatmeal, 1 banana smoothie with chia seeds and one banana. I also eat Borsch which is my favorite soup and of course all vegan. Except that I eat different fruits and vegetables.
That's great!

The Lentil spring rolls, Lentil salad, and the Stir fry are the most healthy.

The Borsch is also very healthy. But I would suggest reducing the oil if you can. Do you use canola oil (low erucic acid rapeseed oil)? That's the best oil, and will give you Omega 3.

The Curry is not very healthy, due to too much coconut milk. If you can replace most of the coconut milk with soy milk, it will be much more healthy, although maybe less delicious (coconut milk is very delicious, but unfortunately has high saturated fat). I suggest you reduce to coconut milk to 1/2 can, and replace the rest with soy milk, and maybe also add in some beans.
Fluttershy

Post by Fluttershy »

brimstoneSalad wrote:
Fluttershy wrote: These days I mostly eat curry, stir fry, lentil salad, lentil spring rolls and for breakfast I eat oatmeal, 1 banana smoothie with chia seeds and one banana. I also eat Borsch which is my favorite soup and of course all vegan. Except that I eat different fruits and vegetables.
That's great!

The Lentil spring rolls, Lentil salad, and the Stir fry are the most healthy.

The Borsch is also very healthy. But I would suggest reducing the oil if you can. Do you use canola oil (low erucic acid rapeseed oil)? That's the best oil, and will give you Omega 3.

The Curry is not very healthy, due to too much coconut milk. If you can replace most of the coconut milk with soy milk, it will be much more healthy, although maybe less delicious (coconut milk is very delicious, but unfortunately has high saturated fat). I suggest you reduce to coconut milk to 1/2 can, and replace the rest with soy milk, and maybe also add in some beans.
I didn't know much about oil but I used olive oil and I don't know if it's good. Thanks for the info I will see what I can find. For the curry I know it's not very healthy. It taste very good with the coconut milk but yeah it's high in saturated fat like you said and I didn't think about adding beans, it's a good idea and I think I will like it even more.