What Myers-Briggs personality type are you?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
Mr. Purple
Diet: Vegan

What Myers-Briggs personality type are you?

Post by Mr. Purple »

https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

This is pretty fun. I got INTJ-A. I'm curious what personality type everyone on this forum is. Let me know how accurate you think it is for you. Most of the description seemed surprisingly accurate for me, though I'm sure there is plenty of barnum effect at play.

I would have made it a poll, but it limits you to 10 options.
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

Re: What Myers-Briggs personality type are you?

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

A poll would be nice.

I got ISTP-A.
AlexanderVeganTheist

Post by AlexanderVeganTheist »

I got ENFP-A... I got the feeling the results show me to be more extroverted than I am in reality. I'm not as much "the life of the party" as this description claims - more individualistic. I more yearn for close personal relationships than for group acceptance. I'd give the results something like a 4/10 maybe. I am creative, original and individualistic, and I do find being social very pleasant, but on an individual level. I'd think of myself as an omega individual. Outside of social hierarchy. I also see some INTP in me.
Jaywalker

Post by Jaywalker »

I'm a logician apparently. INTP-A :mrgreen:

I think it's fairly accurate, but I'd say I'm more emotional than it claims.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Mr. Purple wrote:though I'm sure there is plenty of barnum effect at play.
Part of it, maybe, but part of it is also just the fact that it's feeding back pretty much same information you just gave it during the test in different more generalized words, drawing very limited new conclusions from that.
It's about as meaningful as a sorting hat quiz, or a "which friends character are you?" quiz. It asks you about your general characteristics, then tells you that you have those general characteristics. These only have as much precision (or overall accuracy if they try to make broad proclamations) as they have dimensions.

We wouldn't find impressive a test that asked us our favorite color, and then based on the results, told us what our favorite color was with 100% accuracy. But that's kind of what's going on here.

But whether it's Myers-Briggs or a sorting hat quiz, these can be fun.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

Here are my full results.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
miniboes
Master of the Forum

Post by miniboes »

Jaywalker wrote:I'm a logician apparently. INTP-A :mrgreen:

I think it's fairly accurate, but I'd say I'm more emotional than it claims.
I got that too. I think it's pretty accurate, except I am probably far less intuitive than my result indicates.
"I advocate infinite effort on behalf of very finite goals, for example correcting this guy's grammar."
- David Frum
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Master of the Forum
Diet: Ostrovegan

Post by Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz »

I am an INTP-A/Logician. :geek:
EquALLity
I am God

Post by EquALLity »

^ENFJ also, but I was pretty on the fence with the F and the J. I was pretty heavily intuition over sensing.

When I examine J vs P (organization vs adaptation/openness), I'm not really sure where I fall there. I left a lot of those questions neutral because I wasn't sure.

If I actually examine the feel vs think, I definitely base what I do on logic, but I'm primarily concerned with helping others. I also thought some of the questions were pretty ambiguous, and that's why I got F.

For example, there was one question that went like, "Your dreams tend to focus on the real world and its events?"
Is that dreams like hope for the future, or like when you sleep?

"You think that everyone’s views should be respected regardless of whether they are supported by facts or not."
What does that mean? Is that internally respecting the views themselves, or being respectful in debating someone?

"If you had a business, you would find it very difficult to fire loyal but underperforming employees."
Is that about how hard it would be the fire the person, or whether or not I would actually do it?

Etc. etc.
"I am not a Marxist." -Karl Marx
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

EquALLity wrote:^ENFJ also, but I was pretty on the fence with the F and the J. I was pretty heavily intuition over sensing.
Wait, the letters actually stand for something?
EquALLity wrote: When I examine J vs P (organization vs adaptation/openness), I'm not really sure where I fall there. I left a lot of those questions neutral because I wasn't sure.
Well, it does say try not to answer neutral. If you're not sure, I recommend going for a soft agree/disagree depending on what it is.
EquALLity wrote: If I actually examine the feel vs think, I definitely base what I do on logic, but I'm primarily concerned with helping others. I also thought some of the questions were pretty ambiguous, and that's why I got F.
This is pure speculation, but I'm pretty sure it''s talking about how
EquALLity wrote: For example, there was one question that went like, "Your dreams tend to focus on the real world and its events?"
Is that dreams like hope for the future, or like when you sleep?
I'm pretty sure it could be either, but for the questions
"You rarely get carried away by fantasies and ideas."
"Your dreams tend to focus on the real world and its events."
and
"You often spend time exploring unrealistic and impractical yet intriguing ideas."
I'm leaning more towards fantasies. Call me a fag, but I like to imagine myself in fantastical situations, or just in a beautiful nature area.
EquALLity wrote: "You think that everyone’s views should be respected regardless of whether they are supported by facts or not."
What does that mean? Is that internally respecting the views themselves, or being respectful in debating someone?
I think that they mean that you can disagree with people's viewpoints, but you should respect them. I'm kinda mixed about it.
EquALLity wrote: "If you had a business, you would find it very difficult to fire loyal but underperforming employees."
Is that about how hard it would be the fire the person, or whether or not I would actually do it?
I'm pretty sure you do fire the person, but it is extremely difficult for you to do so. I put a full agree on that one.

By the way, I retook the test and answered a lot more truthfully. I got pretty much the same results,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci