Non-vegan being mean to vegans on youtube

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Ninaswedish
Diet: Vegan

Non-vegan being mean to vegans on youtube

Post by Ninaswedish »

Hello!

This is my first visit on this website and I hope to find new friends here! <3
I have a problem. I spread compassion for animals in the comment section on a youtube clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxlhmuH ... MiOCB5U91B. An animal-eater started to attack me and now she won't stop. My name is "Nina" and I wrote a comment under "Haifa" comment. A mean person called "Dilvish PA" attacks me now under this comment so I need vegans to help me and give her arguments in the comment section and tell her to stop being so mean.
I am from Sweden and my first language is not English. Please help me- the clip is above.

Much Love // Nina
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Non-vegan being mean to vegans on youtube

Post by Red »

Hello Nina, welcome to the forum!
My first piece of advice to you is to avoid Youtube comment section debates; They are almost never productive, and you'll often find yourself arguing with total idiots. Don't waste your time with these debates.

Case in point:
Plants “want” to survive too, that’s why they have defensive adaptations. It always amazes me how so many “nature lovers”, “vegans”, “environmentalists” think that humans somehow sit outside the foodchain and that we are also not part of nature. Do you also want the fish to stop eating each other ... after all, all creatures not only don’t want their throats slit, but don’t want to be bitten in half and end up in some other creatures digestive system.
This comment seems to be coming from someone who is completely ignorant of morality and basic biology.
First of all, this person is making an appeal to nature:
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-nature

Plants aren't sentient, and we've had a discussion on it relatively recently:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7298

Predators in the wild need to eat meat to survive. Humans do not have to eat meat to survive. That's all there is to it. Nature is overall fairly indifferent to morality in many cases. While it's a pretty big myth that nature is a cruel, unforgiving place, it isn't necessarily somewhere that morality thrives.
You are a classical, holier-than-thou Eco-Bully. Human beings are a class of animals known as predators, and as such our natural diet includes meat. So, we meat eaters are on the correct side of ecology. You, are in denialabout your own nature, and want to shame and bully everyone else into your rightous guilt-trip.
Again, appeal to nature. If you want, just say that this person's throwing it, but I wouldn't bother.
People used to say that about animals too. 😀 and I see you miss the greater underlying point. But I can see you went straight for the ad hominem ... perhaps you assessment of my intelligence was psychological projection.
Yep, this guy's a total moron. She seems to have stopped responding, so you ought to stop wasting your time with it. Youtube debates are not effective ways of spreading veganism. Every second you spend on that you could spend on things like leafleting.

So, what inspired you to go vegan?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Non-vegan being mean to vegans on youtube

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Nina, like Red said youtube comments sections aren't very productive, and they're not search indexed so they pretty much disappear. That means only a couple other people are reading the comment, mostly just the person you're arguing with, and they will almost never change their minds. Somebody like this has serious issues; the irony of this anti-vegan bullying vegans by calling them bullies.

To the contrary, if those arguments are addressed here they will appear in Google and many people will be able to read why they are wrong.

For the most part it's all appeal to nature bullshit, and aside from pointing that out it can be useful to point out that there's nothing "natural" about a "predator" who sits around and has other people kill animals for it -- animals raised in confined unnatural factory farms or in the least fattened up on feet lots on grains.
The environmental arguments for veganism are very strong, I suggest you read up on them a bit, they'll help a lot with comebacks for people like that anti-vegan who don't appear to care at all about animal ethics.