Does trying to live healthy make sense considering the imminent bird flu pandemic?

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
teo123
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Does trying to live healthy make sense considering the imminent bird flu pandemic?

Post by teo123 »

So, what do you guys think, does eating a healthy diet and exercising make sense considering there will likely soon be a bird flu pandemic? Recently there has been an outbreak of bird flu in Bosnia, but, thankfully, it did not turn into a global pandemic. Will not healthy diet and exercising backfire once the bird flu outbreaks, since bird flu kills people mostly by turning their immune system against them and people who have a weaker immune system have a higher chance of surviving bird flu?

Avoiding eating wild fowl so that the bird flu pandemic does not start with you makes sense, however, the vast majority of people are not eating wild fowl anyway. If I understand it correctly, vegan diet, while it protects against COVID, would put individuals who follow it into a greater danger of dying during a bird flu pandemic.
Jebus
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Re: Does trying to live healthy make sense considering the imminent bird flu pandemic?

Post by Jebus »

Yes @teo123 . You should do that. Eat at McDonalds and KFC every day since there will likely soon be a bird flu pandemic.

I actually worry even more about birds attacking me. I recently watched Birdemic and such an attack seems immanent.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.