thank you brimstone (and company), plus new favorite vegan food

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
SupaFly
Diet: Vegan

thank you brimstone (and company), plus new favorite vegan food

Post by SupaFly »

Hey everyone, I joined the forum a few years back and posted a couple times, then disappeared as many people do. When the pandemic hit, I had more time on my hands since I switched from working in an office to working from home.

I started off reading some crappy sci-fi fantasy novels to escape the existential dread of the pandemic and Trump being the president. I then moved on to the non-fiction book “Billion Dollar Burger” which mostly chronicles the story of Josh Tetrick (head of the vegan Just Egg company) and his mission to bring lab created meat (ie cultivated meat) to the world. That inspiring story gave me some hope for our humanity’s shared future, as did the election of someone other than Trump to the most powerful position in the world.

With this reinvigorated optimism, and the fact that so many seemingly popular vegan products were gaining market share, I found a renewed interest in the topics from this forum. Because I had already been so impressed by the few posts I read from @brimstoneSalad, I decided to start back at the beginning of the forum and see what other things I could learn from this wise person.

So here I am now, some 10K posts later, having learned more from Brim than I could ever have imagined. The primary reason for this post is to express my heartfelt appreciation for all the time and effort Brim has put in to sharing his knowledge on this forum. I am also grateful to the other members who have spent a significant amount of time discussing topics on here.

I know most of you probably already do this on a regular basis, but I would encourage you to occasionally take a break from arguing veganism (or politics/religion) on the internet and introduce your friends and family to tasty vegan food as much as possible. As for me, I will be visiting non-vegan friends to watch the Super Bowl and we are going to do a vegan chicken nugget taste test followed by vegan ice cream bar tastings! There might be a salad in there somewhere, too :D

Anybody else have a recent story about a new favorite vegan food or a story about a friend/family member who tried a new vegan product for the first time? I would love to hear about it. Thanks.