New here, introducing myself

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
FredVegrox
Diet: Vegan

New here, introducing myself

Post by FredVegrox »

Hello. I am new to this forum. I am vegan already over nine years. I was vegetarian already before that for about half a dozen years, choosing to go without meat when I saw information that it was healthy to avoid having meat. I was happy to think I avoided contribution to animals dying for being food, then. I only learned later when I was then having communication online that there were the serious issues to animals in all the animal agriculture using them, along with issues to this world, and the much greater use of resources for that and destruction of environments for it. It was too bad that I never saw any information about healthiness of going without any animal products, until spring in 2016, with finding the Forks Over Knives Plan, and reading from it. I had gone vegan already not knowing if I could be healthy with that. I wish I could have learned such information for it and then would have been vegan and eating healthy much earlier in my life. This information was then revolutionary for me, though just then at the same time in my life I found out about more to concern me about my health, though that was not food related. I now avoid most processed food too.

I think this forum would be right for me. I am pretty philosophical too.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Re: New here, introducing myself

Post by Red »

Welcome to the forum Fred!
It isn't uncommon for people to go vegan for health reasons eventually be vegan for ethical and environmental reasons, it's much easier to be open to those arguments when you aren't actively eating meat.
Anyway, if you have any questions about a topic, feel free to start a thread.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
FredVegrox

Re: New here, introducing myself

Post by FredVegrox »

Thank you Red for that welcome. It was unexpected for me to find I was talking about philosophy involving whether to murder, right at the start here. I will think about it and post for it if I come up with anything.