Hello

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Convolution
Diet: Vegan

Hello

Post by Convolution »

Hi, I'm a mafist, someone who does not consume mammal meat (I do however consume other forms of meat like poultry and fish). I am interested in the ethical aspects of veganism, particularly the philosophical principles that govern vegan ethics.

I am personally 90% on board with veganism, but I have little doubts that I hope to resolve here, mostly centered around the divide between natalism vs anti-natalism and consequentialist vs deontological ethics. My reason for not being vegan currently is in part due to the ethical doubts that I have, and also due to the circumstances and difficulty of obtaining vegan ingredients where I live. But perhaps eventually I will be fully vegan, once the doubts are resolved and I obtain better accessibility to the vegan lifestyle.
Red
Supporter
Supporter
Diet: Vegan

Re: Hello

Post by Red »

Welcome Convolution, that's an interesting background you have there.

I'm sure some of is would be interested in discussing. What are your views on antinatalism and deontology?

Also if you don't mine me asking, where do you live? I think we can give some guidance on Vegan options there.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci