Which university course did you dislike the most?

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
teo123
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Which university course did you dislike the most?

Post by teo123 »

I very much disliked two courses: Economics and Basics of Automatic Regulation.

For economics, I barely got a passing score after a year of studying.
It is so boring and complicated.
And I don't quite understand why computer engineers are supposed to know economics. It's, in my opinion, even less relevant to computer engineering than linguistics is. Many bugs in programs are caused by programmers not understanding how different writing systems around the world are encoded in the computer, and teaching some linguistics might help prevent those bugs.
Another reason why I disliked it is that my economics professor had a relatively favorable opinion about communism. She wasn't openly communist, but I'd say, based on her lectures, that she considered communism to be an at least plausible theory. That it is at least plausible that communism is better than capitalism.

For the Basics of Automatic Regulation, I barely got a passing score... after three years of studying.
I made up a silly chant about that course: "Hrvam se s Hurwitzem dok me Bode bode kao pčela.", "I am wrestling with Hurwitz while Bode is stinging me like a bee.".
teo123
Master of the Forum
Diet: Vegan

Re: Which university course did you dislike the most?

Post by teo123 »

@Red, did you take some economics courses at the university? If so, did you also hate them? What about control engineering?