Hello!

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Blua
Diet: Vegan

Hello!

Post by Blua »

Hi, I´m a vegan activist. I´m here because I want to educate mysef about effective methods to convey the ethical and philosofical arguments to be vegan.
I´m from Barcelona, Spain, but I live in South Sweden.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hello!

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome! Sorry it takes a while to approve posts.

Did you start your vegan activism in Spain? What have you observed to be cultural differences in the two countries regarding veganism?
Blua

Post by Blua »

Hi!

Now I can post :)

No, in Spain I didn´t do vegan activism. It´s difficult for me to compare but in Spain I lived in Barcelona which is a very cosmopolitan city with lots ("lots" is a way of speaking, of course...) of vegans and vegan options. While here, in Sweden, I live in a rural area with many crops but also many cow farms (mainly for meat). Still, every pizzeria even in my small town, has many vegan optios with vegan cheese. In Barcelona you need to go to a vegan pizzeria to find that. On the other hand in the Mediterrenian part of Spain, at least, we eat many vegetables, fruits and legumes. It seems to me that people eat more meat here in Sweden than there. But all these are just anecdotal observations, so, I connot be a 100 percent sure. Something shocking, given that swedes tend to be very kind and polite and not as confrontative as spaniards is that here I´ve found more anti-vegan online trolls. The ones that have kind of creepy scary profiles. My guess is that it has to do with a strong meat indsutry tradition. But I´m just guessing...
truthsearch
Diet: Pescetarian

Post by truthsearch »

Hello Blua! Glad to have you here in this forum; I'm a fellow newbie so you definitely aren't alone.

You say you're a vegan activist, which intrigues me as I also want to propagate the message of veganism in my part of the world I'm living now - somewhere in Africa - but the task is quite daunting. Mind if you can please gimme some tips? Thanks and welcome again!