Hey everybody! I'm new.

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
Malik
Diet: Vegan

Hey everybody! I'm new.

Post by Malik »

Hey there. I'm Malik. Pronounced muh-leek, in case you were wondering. Hehe.
Just signed up this morning. I've been searching for ways to connect with other vegans. It's weird, I totally forgot there was a vegan atheist forum, though I love the youtube channel. Anyway, here we are. Yaay!
I'm twenty-four and living in Maryland. I've been vegan for two years now AND LOVIN' IT! The only problem has been finding other vegans or, at least, vegan-friendly people. I went vegan out of compassion for animals and a recognition that any steps I can take toward having a lesser impact on the environment are ones I should take. Though, it's also been great for keeping me on the healthier/slimmer side too. So, it's been a good choice all the way around, really.
I'm also an atheist. Though, I've been that since my age was still in single digits, really. lol
Hmmm, I can't think of anything else to say besides, I'm excited to be here and to talk to you guys. Laters!
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Re: Hey everybody! I'm new.

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Welcome Malik! I'm glad you found us.
Through TVA videos, or did you do an internet search?

I hope you like it here.
Malik

Post by Malik »

Through TVA videos. I'm sure I will like it here. Thanks.
Cirion Spellbinder
Master of the Forum

Post by Cirion Spellbinder »

Welcome Malik!
I'm glad you've found a place to connect with other vegans! I can definitely relate with being the only vegan I know in my area. ;)
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

Welcome Malik.

Apparently veganism is skyrocketing in the U.S. Is that not the case in Maryland?
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
Malik

Post by Malik »

Well, the area I live in is a poorer area and I've noticed that some of the more wealthy areas actually have more vegan/vegetarian friendly restaurants, markets, and people.
AtheistVegan

Post by AtheistVegan »

Hello Malik, I'm new here too. I'm also vegan and atheist and 24 lol. I've been vegan for about 5 years now and atheist only 2 years. I also have the same problem of not finding other vegans. Well I met a few through my previous job and a vegan potluck. And I've also noticed that richer areas have more vegan restaurants. I live in a poor area where there are none but downtown there are many. Congrats on being atheist for so long, it took me a while. I was raised catholic but was always too lazy to be a good catholic. I've also found this forum from the VeganAtheist's YouTube channel. Anyways, I look forward to discussing with you and others on here.
Malik

Post by Malik »

Awesome! Nice to meet you Atheist Vegan and everyone else. I feel so welcome. :D