Gray Sloth response to PV on #namethetrait

Vegan message board for support on vegan related issues and questions.
Topics include philosophy, activism, effective altruism, plant-based nutrition, and diet advice/discussion whether high carb, low carb (eco atkins/vegan keto) or anything in between.
Meat eater vs. Vegan debate welcome, but please keep it within debate topics.
FredVegrox
Diet: Vegan

Re: Gray Sloth response to PV on #namethetrait

Post by FredVegrox »

Hey, we talked on twitter about this and you wanted me to bring it here, so here I am.
Of course, that's gone and what is there which it changed to is X. It is not over, I am sure, and it will keep changing further. I moved on anyway, to Mastodon, and am there as FredVegbur, at veganism.social, and at mstdn.social.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

I am on forums for vegans. I am also on ABillion, and A Billion Vegans (ABV), as Fred Bur. I want a vegan chat site, I have not found any that were active. So I used this site I found for social chat, that should have had active vegan chat, and made my chat place on it, that might draw other vegans to chat, I think a place for that with activity is needed.
My Y99 Vegan chat room: https://y99.in/r/1380948
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

FredVegrox wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:27 am I am on forums for vegans. I am also on ABillion, and A Billion Vegans (ABV), as Fred Bur. I want a vegan chat site, I have not found any that were active. So I used this site I found for social chat, that should have had active vegan chat, and made my chat place on it, that might draw other vegans to chat, I think a place for that with activity is needed.
My Y99 Vegan chat room: https://y99.in/r/1380948
I can try to set up a chat here, but discord is probably the better bet because they have better infrastructure than a JS chat.
I'll look into it, or maybe @Red can if he has a chance.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

@FredVegrox I'm not sure if that site you're using is legit, I'm getting constant messages from horny middle-aged men. It would likely be in our best interest if we seek another venue.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

@Red @FredVegrox Here's a chat page: app.php/mchat
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

Yes, I found this new chat page for this forum site. But it would be for forum members here, who should look for it and use it. I will be trying it out. But vegan chat I want to find would be more inclusive of vegans everywhere who would chat. With difficulty finding it I used one search result that should have been for that, at Y99, to start the chat site for that myself, though I cannot moderate it having started it as a guest and not having the same access anymore, and have my registeted account there now. But Discord is now looking good for this.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

So, I have the Y99 chat group, with no way to moderate it, with a very little traffic, some vegan, and though clearly named as being for vegans, some showing up who are not, as some nonvegans do. I don't get those doing that. I was not ever doing that, before being vegan. I was vegetarian several years before understanding there are such important reasons to be vegan instead, and that time before it I was not especially interested in looking for vegan communication and talking with them. Before that I don't know if I heard of vegans yet, I was not yet online.
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

FredVegrox wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:27 am So, I have the Y99 chat group, with no way to moderate it, with a very little traffic, some vegan, and though clearly named as being for vegans, some showing up who are not, as some nonvegans do. I don't get those doing that. I was not ever doing that, before being vegan. I was vegetarian several years before understanding there are such important reasons to be vegan instead, and that time before it I was not especially interested in looking for vegan communication and talking with them. Before that I don't know if I heard of vegans yet, I was not yet online.
Non-vegans joining aligns with my expectation. My experience with general internet chatrooms was never that they were very useful or productive.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

Well I still use it, my chat room is not active still. I don't get personal messages with using it still. But I also find that with looking for vegan chat sites all those I came to were for singles to find who might be matches. I am single so I am not against talking with an actual possible match, but I would not send horny messages, and as I am so old now and poor and not in great shape, I am not at all hopeful for that. Online vegan friends would still be good to find.
FredVegrox

Post by FredVegrox »

If it is not used, as I have been hoping it would be, there is Discord with an app that I discovered with vegan servers for chat there. I am there now, with the profile ffbwriter, where I can give invitation to a few vegan servers there for chat, and one I made, showing my writing, that I started first there, which is fiction including veganism in it.