Vegan chocolates

Off-topic talk on music, art, literature, games and forum games.
chocolatea
Diet: Vegan

Vegan chocolates

Post by chocolatea »

Anyone who has tried vegan chocolates?

I was just wondering if this really is okay for us vegan's: QQ La Praline dark almond cluster

According to their description yes.

Oh well, I already ordered, I will give you feedback on this.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Vegan chocolates

Post by Red »

I don't see why it would be an issue for vegans; For many of us, as long as something is vegan, it's fine. Some might be concerned about health though, but that's another issue.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
thebestofenergy
Master in Training

Post by thebestofenergy »

I prefer to buy 100% dark chocolate, no sugar or other stuff. I don't eat it plain though.

I only really use chocolate in hot chocolate with soy milk, or drizzle a chocolate sauce on pancakes when I have them.
For evil to prevail, good people must stand aside and do nothing.
Jebus
Master of the Forum

Post by Jebus »

chocolatea wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:01 am Anyone who has tried vegan chocolates?

I was just wondering if this really is okay for us vegan's https://www.qqlapraline.com.au/product- ... nd-cluster

Before you give your feedback, I want to give mine. These chocolates are absolutely disgusting. Tastes like shit.
How to become vegan in 4.5 hours:
1.Watch Forks over Knives (Health)
2.Watch Cowspiracy (Environment)
3. Watch Earthlings (Ethics)
Congratulations, unless you are a complete idiot you are now a vegan.
chocolatea

Post by chocolatea »

Jebus wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:38 am
chocolatea wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:01 am Anyone who has tried vegan chocolates?

I was just wondering if this really is okay for us vegan's https://www.qqlapraline.com.au/product- ... nd-cluster

Before you give your feedback, I want to give mine. These chocolates are absolutely disgusting. Tastes like shit.
Have you tried that before?
chocolatea

Post by chocolatea »

Red wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:35 am I don't see why it would be an issue for vegans; For many of us, as long as something is vegan, it's fine. Some might be concerned about health though, but that's another issue.
I agree with you as long as this is vegan.

Isn't this healthy? I mean they use organic products. HMMM
chocolatea

Post by chocolatea »

thebestofenergy wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:52 am I prefer to buy 100% dark chocolate, no sugar or other stuff. I don't eat it plain though.

I only really use chocolate in hot chocolate with soy milk, or drizzle a chocolate sauce on pancakes when I have them.
What's the taste when it is plain?
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

chocolatea wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:40 am
Red wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:35 am I don't see why it would be an issue for vegans; For many of us, as long as something is vegan, it's fine. Some might be concerned about health though, but that's another issue.
I agree with you as long as this is vegan.

Isn't this healthy? I mean they use organic products. HMMM
Organic doesn't mean much in terms of health AFAIK and buying organic can be problematic for vegans, since organic farming can use manure or bone meal; Better to try buying veganic instead. :D
-Leonardo da Vinci
Dream Sphere

Post by Dream Sphere »

I personally quite like the brand iChoc as far as vegan chocolate bars go which aren’t just dark-chocolate. They have both “milk” chocolate versions and white chocolate versions which I like a lot. iirc how they make it is instead of using milk they use a blend of nuts and iirc rice powder or something of that like. It’s probably really unhealthy though as it’s full of sugar and fat from both the cocoa and nuts, and the nuts they use I imagine are like most nuts which are lacking in omega-3s though I’m uncertain of that. Still, as long as it’s treated as a “treat”, and not had all that often I’m guessing it wouldn’t be that bad.

I do really wish though that there’d be some vegan assorted chocolate brands with chocolates with caramels, creamy pastes, nuts, and such within the chocolates. Years and years ago before going vegan I really liked the non-vegan brand Russel Stover for these types of assorted chocolates, so I’m hoping a good vegan equivalent could be viable on the market soon.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

On the subject of chocolate, I just like plain cocoa powder. Easy to make hot chocolates, goes good in tea and smoothies (oatmeal even if you do it right), as well as a useful ingredient for many things. Nutritious too.
-Leonardo da Vinci