Introduction

Vegans and non-vegans alike are welcome.
Post an intro here first to have your account authenticated by a mod, then you'll be able to post anywhere.
Even if you're here to lurk, please drop a short intro post here to let us know you're not a spammer so you aren't accidentally deleted.

Forum rules
Please read the full Forum Rules
patrickschrock
Diet: Vegan

Introduction

Post by patrickschrock »

Hey everyone!

I'm Patrick Schrock, a operation manager and I'm from Los Angeles, USA. I'm glad to be a part of this group and excited to participate in conversations that revolve around plant-based diet and liftstyle. I believe in making conscious choices to protect the environment, promote animal welfare, and maintain a healthy, compassionate way of life.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Introduction

Post by Red »

Hey Patrick, welcome to the forum!
What got you into veganism and sustainable living? What else do you do in your lifestyle to be more green aside from veganism?
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci
brimstoneSalad
neither stone nor salad

Post by brimstoneSalad »

Red wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:17 am Hey Patrick, welcome to the forum!
What got you into veganism and sustainable living? What else do you do in your lifestyle to be more green aside from veganism?
I'm afraid this OP is a spammer. Email address comes back flagged as spammer and IP is in India, not California or even in the U.S.
Probably got through while stop forum spam extension was disabled.

Plus, the join reason says:

"Because I'm Vegan person and want to learn more about veganism. Also want to share my thoughts about vegan life related to food, skincare etc. For me adopting a vegan diet is often motivated by concerns about animal welfare, environmental conservation, and the desire to promote a more compassionate and sustainable world."

Grammatical errors and what appears to be a modified copy and paste snip from a definition.

The join reason and first post are probably translation and/or AI enabled.
Spammers have become much more sophisticated. I thought the grammar was a bit weird in the intro post, but it seemed plausible.

@patrickschrock If you're a real person please follow up to clear this up. Otherwise I need to delete the user.
Red
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Red »

I figured it was probably a spammer, given that it said it was an operational manager (for what? Something related to veganism?), but I gave it the benefit of the doubt.
Learning never exhausts the mind.
-Leonardo da Vinci